We designed a new piece together with Norwegian painter and artist Erik Bergan. A journey back to the nostalgic feeling of playing old games. Then we had a chat with him about his relationship with jewelry.
Who is Erik Bergan?
– I’m an artist, 28 years old. I really went for it in 2016, and painting has been my only occupation for almost 3 years now.
What made you decide to create with us?
– I love the concept of being able to design my own high quality jewelry.
What does this design mean to you?
– To focus. On everything life has to offer, with a hint of nostalgia. Nothing makes you focus quite like only having one life left when playing the good old video-games.
What’s the value of jewelry to you?
– It’s the dot over the “i”, and I put that very high.
Why do you wear jewelry?
– I love details, and jewelry is the perfect detail to an outfit.
Do you remember your first jewelry piece?
– In my younger days, when I lived my life sideways on a board. The ring around the ball bearing of my skateboard wheel, I remember fit perfectly around my finger, and I loved it.
Do you know how many pieces you own?
– I guess I have around 15 rings in my jewelry box.
How often do you wear jewelry?
– The ring is always on!
Gold or silver?
– Silver. Gold doesn’t suit me.
Who inspires you the most at this moment?
– The surrealist painter, Salvador Dali, is an endless source of inspiration.
Follow Erik Bergan here: @erikberganart